24 November 2011

thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! I am feeling very blessed to have lots to be thankful for this year. New adventures as we find our way into a new town. Exciting challenges with my new career direction. Amazing family and friends (old and new!) who offer support when we hit life's bumps. A five-day holiday break. Time to spend with family and good food. And, a flat course during this morning's four mile Turkey Trot! Stephen signed us up as a surprise last week, and I was a little worried since I have not kept up with running very much since moving. I attempted a rather painful four miles last weekend as practice, which didn't help my peace of mind very much. But apparently despite struggling when running over the hilly roads in Virginia, I've managed to maintain enough fitness to handle the flat roads of the midwest ~ my race time was 7 minutes faster than my practice run :) And of course, the race atmosphere is always lots of fun - it's been over a year since my last race, so it was really good to get an injection of that excitement to remind me why I liked running so much in the first place.



The running really revved up my appetite, so I am excited for the upcoming holiday feast! Wishing everyone a relaxing, cozy, and delicious day filled with good company and tasty treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment