hello ~ 11.1.11! November is here, all binary for us. This month totally snuck up on me.... seems I was down the rabbit hole for awhile there, thanks to work picking up quite a lot, and actually having some social plans! Can't complain about either of those things though!
So yeah, lots happened in October; it just never made it to the blog. Let’s see… there was our weekend excursion to Arkansas for a fun wedding and reconnecting with some old friends. Then there was the excitement of the next weekend where I had social activities three nights in a row! You know your social life has gotten slow when you are really happy to have things planned for Thursday, Friday, *and* Saturday nights ~ in this case, a local small business networking event at the business school, a night of dinner/drinks with coworkers, and a party with friends from the dance class I took awhile back. There was more hiking as well. And of course, work is still as busy as ever, but I feel like I’m getting more into the groove there. Some parts of work are even becoming exciting, as I just finished one project and am brainstorming ideas for some new ones.
Last weekend was much quieter though ~ mostly just errands and relaxing. I admit that I somewhat miss the craziness of Halloween in Chicago. It was one night when we tried to go out, and I had fun trying to throw together some sort of costume at the last minute based on random items from our closets, and lots of makeup. Even if our own costume were not too inspired, it was always hilarious to get on the train and experience the absurdity of riding with assorted vampires and catwomen and zombies. There was a definite lack of costume-spotting this year, but at least I got to have dinner with some friends and enjoy delicious homemade pizza :)
And now, November, already. Last year I did so well with jumping on the post-every-day month train... It would be nice to try again, to make up for only posting once in October (oops!), but I'm not sure I'm quite willing to commit right now. Work is going to be insane this month, and I don't want to revert to being a hermit again... plus I finally joined the gym, and need to get back to regular workouts. So, have to be realistic with my priorities... though I will try post more than once :)
Have to add in some pictures, so I'll close with a few photos from our Arkansas adventure ~
Favorite part of weddings #1: getting to see old friends. Random candid from a pre-wedding hike. The weather was amazing! Funny that everyone looks a little angst-y here; I believe this was during an in-depth wildlife inventory. (Creatures spotted: fish, frogs, lizards, and some huge caterpillars)
Favorite part of weddings #2: getting all dressed up !
Favorite part of weddings #3: DANCING!!! There are many more ridiculous pictures of me on the dance floor, but this one should suffice for sharing on the internet :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment