12 December 2011

happy memories

On a snowy December 12 in Cleveland eight years ago, Steve and I met in a bar. On a rainy December 12 in Chicago five years ago, he asked me to marry him. In terms of anniversaries, we generally just stick to celebrating our wedding one now, but I definitely get sentimental on this date (if you couldn't tell from last year's post!). It's a good day to relive some happy memories. He's traveling for work and I miss him ~ as usual, lately ~  so I had fun looking through some old photos :)

First photo we have of the two of us ~ from August 2004. Fresh out of college.. so young!


Christmas 2005, at my parents' house. Still young. 


Night we got engaged! December 12, 2006. We're in Steve's Chicago apartment, standing in front of the Target tree that we've used for years.. so small that you can barely see it! But this year, we finally have room for a real tree!! Will have to take a photo with us in front, for comparison :)

charity holiday happy hour 2008. 

charity Christmas party, last year. This is the most normal picture I have of the two of us from that evening. Haha.. Older now, but still having a good time! It was a fun night, complete with glow sticks and battery-powered Christmas lights that I wore to maximize the festive look.

Yep. Not sure what happened to those lights.. may need to dig them up again for this year!

I miss Chicago... but we've managed to find some holiday fun this year too with some new friends. A few parties last week, and more to come! 

We're not the type to do Christmas photo cards, but it was fun looking through all of these! Lots of happy memories over the years!




2 comments:

  1. Cute!! December 12 was my high school boyfriend anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought of your engagement anniversary on Monday. Remember, you've only just begun!!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete