02 November 2010

whirlwind of the day

I'm back! This will be quick, but at least I'm here :)

My day so far:

  • voted ~ even if I'm completely frustrated with the political system at the moment, the truth is that 100 years ago I would not have been able to vote just because I'm a woman - so hey, I will go out and vote now, to celebrate the fact that I can participate 
  • work ~ got to play in the lab a lot today, which is always much more satisfying than being stuck at my desk!
  • gym ~ first treadmill run since early spring, and man, it's boring! Running has been frustrating me lately but with a race coming up on Saturday, I had to suck it up and get another run in. I'm at the point where running feels like a chore but I'm anticipating a break as it gets colder.. just have to get through this last race now
  • Women in science networking event ~ very interesting speaker, and made some new connections which are always good!
It's been a super busy day, but here I am blogging. If nothing else, this experiment is proving that it is possible to make time for this if I put my mind to it! Now I am looking forward to a leisurely evening of doing not much other than chatting with my husband! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the race! And I agree- treadmill running is definitely boring and makes it feel completely like a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Tara! I will probably have to switch up my workouts this winter to more class-based ones, because I'm not sure if I can take much of the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete