getting ready for a 15K race has meant investigating new songs for my ipod running playlist, to keep up the energy over the course of long training runs. A new favorite addition is "We no speak americano" by Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup. It is such a fun, quirky song ~ being half Italian, and having minored in Italian in college, I can't help loving the old school Italian style.. and I've always been a big techno fan so I love the remix. It's a perfect upbeat song for working out, or cleaning around the house, or if I just need a pick-me-up during a lull.
Even better is the use of the song in this video of "Irish hand dancing", by the former Riverdance wonder-duo, Suzanne Cleary & Peter Harding. It is a bit hilarious to me because as a kid, I took Irish step dancing lessons - and our teachers told us to do hand dancing like this as a way to get the dance steps ingrained in our memory. They are obviously pros with fantastic coordination, and they have mixed up traditional "steps" with some funky moves. The result is really fun to watch!
I admit I may be biased ~ with my half-Irish, half-Italian background, I find the blending of this dancing with the Italian lyrics to be a perfect combo. I am adding this video to my mental list of "things that make me smile even during a crappy day" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome!!!
ReplyDelete