23 November 2010

ready for some holidays

Had a busy day at work but got a lot done, so now I am ready for a weekend of festivities!

I've been really lucky that I have not had to deal with airports the day before Thanksgiving.. until this year. With all the crazy press lately I'm a little nervous, but our flight is at an obscenely early time so I'm hoping we don't have too much hassle. To cut down on stress a bit, while trying to figure out my packing situation (i.e., finding clothes for 5 days that include turkey dinner and working out and a wedding, along with laptops and travel books and ipods), I decided to stick with a single color theme for the trip. Purple has long been a favorite color of mine, and lately I've been gravitating towards clothing in this shade, so it was a natural choice for me. Feel a tiny bit silly but it made packing really easy! I managed to fit in some grey and navy too, so hopefully it's not too much overkill :)

What can I say.. purple makes me happy :) Now that packing is out of the way, I'm free to be excited about this trip. Currently am looking forward to:
  • lots of good food and company
  • fitting in a hill workout (Chicago is really flat so hills are few and far between on my runs)
  • hopefully starting some Christmas shopping (sales tax free!!)
  • getting dolled up for a wedding. really hoping for some good dancing!
  • finally meeting my cousin's baby daughter!
What has you excited for the upcoming holidays?

1 comment:

  1. i think packing in one color scheme is a great idea! that way you know things will go together in every combination... i find it exhausting to try to pack for every event crammed into a small amount of time, so this tip is genius :)

    ReplyDelete