04 November 2010

thursday thankfulness

I'm defaulting to my gratefulness theme today. Every Thursday I could probably write the same thing: I'm grateful that I get to see my husband tonight :) Especially today when the weather has been horrible with rain and crazy wind, and apparently storms where he's coming from. Seems we've had our first taste of wintery weather this week. Steve's flight was delayed by about 3 hours, but he managed to get standby on the earlier flight, so he'll be home just about 2 hours late, instead.

I spent the evening first braving the elements to go pick up our race packets (lost an umbrella to a particularly strong blast of wind!), then decompressing with Grey's Anatomy, and just finished tidying up a bit. It feels cozy here now, sitting quietly with rain tapping at the window, and I can't wait to have Steve here with me in the peace of our little space. I just got a text saying that he landed - so I am grateful that he will be home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment