10 December 2009

love conquers even football rivalries

Wow. What the heck happened to the Steelers this year??? They lost to the Browns. It is hard to believe. And frustrating for us Steelers fans, to see our team struggle so much this year.

However. I am in a “mixed marriage” in the sense that I cheer for the Steelers, and Steve cheers for the Browns. And the last time the Browns beat the Steelers was 6 years ago, just before we met for the first time. That means that in all our years together, I’ve experienced all the wins. Including the year I got Steve tickets to the Christmas Eve Browns/Steelers game, and the Steelers won 41-0. That was a bit awkward – “Merry Christmas, you get to see your team lose spectacularly to their rivals!”

So honey – you always were the bigger football fan anyway – this is your moment. And you’re stuck on a plane so you can’t even see it. I’m sorry you are missing it. This one is for you: way to go Brownies, congrats on finally beating the superbowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers! Because a loss for me is a win for you, and I know it is about time you get to win one ;)


cute, or gross? depends how much you like football, I guess

1 comment:

  1. One win for the Browns every six years sounds fair. Stillers will be back on track next year, and, well, Cleveland will keep finding ways to lose.

    ReplyDelete