Apparently I find snow in February much more exciting when it only happens once in the month, on a gray cold day nestled between two sunny spring like ones. We had nowhere to go today, so the snow was an excuse to stay home and take it easy. It was peaceful, watching the fat flakes drift down and seeing the white pile up on the trees and in the yard.
However, seeing the snow today reminded me just how antsy I am for spring. I really can't complain much about this winter; the temperatures have been so mild and we've had lots of sunny days. But still, there's a slowness to the season that comes from the short days and the gray and brown landscape. It's ok for awhile but I find myself craving the energy of spring ~ the lengthened sunlight and the sprouting buds. This spring does promise to be eventful for us; maybe I'm just impatient for the upcoming excitement :)
For now, I can look out at the snow and be grateful that tomorrow's sunny 48 degrees will melt it away - and spring won't be too far behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are looking for spring too. The temperature keeps fluctuating between mild temperatures and frigid temperatures! The last few weekends we have had snow followed by a beautiful sunny monday. Well I guess you have to take the good with the bad and be patient for the warmth of Spring. It's less than a month away!
ReplyDeleteThat last comment was me! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete