18 May 2011

dancing til the world ends

Do you ever just get really sick of feelings?

I mean, I’m generally a big proponent of feelings. I can be a pretty stereotypical girl that way. But sometimes, enough is enough already. I guess the thing is that 2 months after a big life transition, the roller coaster is giving me some whiplash. You know? It seems like my general day to day feelings have been amplified through this whole moving to a new state and starting a new job thing. Sure, it can be exhilarating at times. But right now, I just kind of want a break. I think maybe that’s why I’ve unexpectedly taken a 3 week break from the blog. Huge amplified feelings definitely make the words pour out…. but often they are not the kind of words that I want to post on a public blog.

I am sure that not helping this matter is the sleep deprivation from the ridiculous thunderstorms that have boomed away the last few nights – all.night.long. Ugh. And yesterday I did a fairly intense workout – definitely a good thing, however, the result is that this morning I woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus. Sore all over, and completely exhausted. Awesome. Can the rain please stop already??

Luckily, it is easy enough to find fluff to help quash feeling intensity. The past week I’ve had Britney’s dancing til the world ends song in my head. It has this ability to switch me into a good mood – isn’t it nice when a 99 cent download from Amazon can do that? Also I have been relishing the laughs from Parks and Recreation. The clip below cracks me up every time. This is * literally * the funniest show I’ve seen in quite awhile! If you are also dealing with weather insanity and general life craziness, enjoy. And as for overwhelming feelings, I guess I'll take Britney's sage advice: if you feel it, let it happen, just keep on dancing til the world ends. haha :)

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE parks&recreation! i haven't watched in quite awhile though, since we gave up cable when we moved to ontario, and watching this clip (and a few others that came after it) made me miss it so bad! i'll be tracking it down on netflix or online, pronto :) hope the thunderstorms & intense feelings start to dissipate soon, and the sun comes out! xo

    ReplyDelete