it's a little late but I wanted to write about Easter. I thought I had some pictures but they don't seem to be on the camera for some reason?? Sigh. Not doing good at documenting things with photographs these days so I will have to settle for words.
Easter weekend felt like summer time. I have what feels like many memories of past easter egg hunts in the snow. So this year I absolutely basked in the balmy temperatures. We went hiking, twice. On Saturday we got antsy and decided to go out for a walk. We had seen on a map that a big trail system has a little link just down the road, so we went and checked it out. It was nice wandering through this skinny little trail with the leaves of green exploding all around us. We wound our way through a park, across a stream, down some residential streets - all marked with the little trail plaques. Apparently it winds its way for 20 miles all around town. We only walked for about 1.5 hours - out and back - but it was fun.
On Sunday again it felt like summer. I cooked up some french toast and then got dressed up in a skirt and painted my toenails bright pink. The first time I wear sandals each year always feels like a milestone for me. In reality I could have worn them sooner, as it has been warm for awhile here. But my toes were bare so I didn't break out the sandals just yet - until Easter! We went to mass and it was my very favorite kind, full of flowers and rejoicing and singing in Latin. The language nerd in me absolutely loves the singing in Latin. :) then, we drove out to the mountains. We realized that they are just 20 miles away! And we hiked some more. On the Appalachian trail, no less! It was hot, and hiking up hills will take some getting used to. But very fun to spend so much time outside. We came home and grilled up chicken and veggies outside, again. It was a good weekend, of finding joy in our new life. And I am looking forward to many more of the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment