It's 01.11.11, another fun binary date! Last year I wrote my goals on 01.11.10 so I guess that since it is one year later, it’s time to revisit those goals and see how I did.
Keep up my new improved level of fitness; push myself improve further by running another half marathon with updated time goal, and work on much-neglected upper body strength. Specifically my husband has challenged me to get myself to be able to do “10 in 2010” – referring to pull-ups. Result: Well I ran 3 races, which is pretty good. I didn’t increase my half marathon time, and upper body workouts were rather neglected. I still can’t do any pull-ups sadly. I have recently been doing more strength training and seeing progress, so that is something. But overall I think that I did keep up my level of fitness even if I didn’t see huge improvements.
Eat less processed food. Result: I think I did pretty well with this one, definitely increased my cooking and at least before the holidays I was doing pretty well with healthy foods.
Start a retirement account. Result: Done! Still don’t entirely feel like I know what I’m doing with investing, but I have an account of my own.
Get published!!!! Result: ugh. Nope. My advisor was on sabbatical in Europe which made it really tough to get him to look at my manuscript. However in December he did finally get on board with getting it out – but decided it needs a different focus. After tweaking the previous version, I now have a new draft for him to review.
Donate stuff to charity. Result: done, many times! We got rid of a lot of stuff in our condo, after making it through all of our closets over the course of the year.
Spend less time stressing out about how I don’t know what to do with my life or how I can possibly figure it out, and more time asking God to help me figure it out. Result: ?? ha. This one is not a “measurable” goal so it’s hard to say. I definitely still got stressed out so I think I need to keep working on this!
Keep up the good stuff from last year ~ volunteering, church women’s group, and of course, writing! Result: done for all 3, although the women’s group ended over the summer. Volunteering is taking up a lot of time though. And for writing, I did slow down over the year but picked things back up at the end.
Host a party! Result: umm well we had a few people over for dinners but no actual “party”. But I did do a bunch of work with party planning events for the charity group that I volunteer with. So, kind of?
Travel to a new location. Result: done! Went to London, Boston and Providence for the first time. Also re-visited some fun places including Seattle and Paris, and definitely saw new places within those locations.
Finish the wedding album!! Result: nope. Sigh. At this point it seems like this one will never actually get done. But that thought makes me feel really sad, so I don’t want to actually give it up. Guess it will go on my list for 2011 again…
Overall, I guess I got more than half done, so at least that’s some progress right? I will cut myself some slack since the whole job hunt thing came up and sucked up tons of my time.
As for 2011 goals, I’ve been struggling with what I want to accomplish this year. There are still lots of questions to figure out about life right now which complicates things. But I do have some in mind and will post those soon…. At least before the end of the month! (Hey it can still be part of the new year's resolution mindset as long as it's in January right... the year is still pretty new after all!)
11 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
printing my wedding album is on my list of to-do's as well, it's been almost 18 months!! but i'm glad we've waited, because since we got married we've had our eyes opened to new photo book making websites that will give us better results, and we've become more adept at editing photos (which was our job, not our photographer's) so they will look better in the end. sometimes slow & steady is the way to win! good luck with your 2011 goals :)
ReplyDelete