hello! I am in the snowy midwest at my in-laws house, and ready for a break from work and the festivities to begin! Just have to finish up some shopping this evening and hopefully we will be good.
If your families are anything like ours, you find yourself surrounded with abundant tasty treats during the holidays... it's hard to face that temptation without feeling guilty. Which is why I was happy to read this article in the New York Times last weekend ~ it discusses a study that found that participants who increased calorie and fat intake but worked out first thing in the morning (before breakfast) did not gain any weight or suffer other health consequences (like insulin resistance). Good news for anyone who likes to work out in the morning - which has been my routine recently. This morning when I was tempted to sleep in, I managed to get up and run 4 miles on the treadmill... thanks to reading that article! Totally ready for lots of Christmas goodies over the next few days :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment