today I woke up with that feeling... sleep inertia, fuzzy head, scratchy throat. sadly the feeling has not much abated during the day. it's not full-blown sickness, but enough to feel off and have trouble getting things done. I skipped the gym at lunch and canceled my post-work plans with a good friend who I haven't seen for awhile, which made me sad. despite these disappointments today, my gratitude list is quite long! it seems to highlight the little things during the day that have the effect of making me feel better.
for example, I very much appreciate having a job where I can get away with wearing jeans, tennis shoes, and a cozy sweater on a day when I feel crappy. and where massage therapy students randomly knock on the door of my office and offer a free massage (it's part of their training, apparently). and I was quite excited to find tasty hot and sour soup in the cafeteria at lunchtime, and later to find the tea and honey that I'd stashed in my drawer at work.
and I definitely was grateful for the quick arrival of a nearly empty bus for my commute home ~ greatly reduced my commuting stress levels. then there was the first issue of the real simple magazine subscription I ordered from my niece a few months ago, which greeted me when I opened the mail box. Was also very happy that the fridge contained both OJ and spinach, and that I'd stocked the freezer with bananas and raspberries, so that I could whip up a delicious throat-soothing smoothie (seriously, I love smoothies any time, but they are amazing for relieving a sore throat!). It's been a very peaceful night curled on the couch with my smoothie, episodes of the office streaming on netflix, and a good magazine.
09 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Massage students just randomly come by to give a massage?! What kind of glorious place do you work and can you get me a job?? Haha
ReplyDeleteseriously, for a girl who is feeling sick but still has to go into work, i don't think you could have had a better day! feel better :)
ReplyDelete