today I purchased a Groupon for 5 adult open dance classes at the Joffrey Ballet!!
I am so excited! I started ballet classes when I was 5, and continued (though intermittently) all the way through college. Post-college though I have not done much dancing at all. Dancing was always one of my favorite things, so I definitely miss it! And while I've thought about signing up for classes many times, I never committed, partially because of the cost, partially from lack of knowing what class to take. This deal is pretty great though ~ half off the price of a regular class, and it's a "drop in" style, meaning I can take whatever class I want, whenever - no booking 10 weeks of class up front. And the timing is perfect, as winter approaches and I just know that my motivation levels for exercising will drop along with the outdoor temperatures. Which means, time to mix things up with a new workout!
Now I just need to figure out which class to try, given that I've had a good number of years of ballet but never practiced it very seriously, and have not danced at all for 7 years now. Let's hope that yoga class has helped me maintain some flexibility! And I'll have to see if my old dance clothes actually fit.. yikes!
I can't help but be a little intimidated by the thought of taking a class through Joffrey, which is after all an amazing professional dance company. But hopefully these classes will be laid back, and a fun way to do a bit of dancing again. I found this picture taken during one of the adult open classes from the Joffrey Blog ~ check out the amazing studio, with huge windows over looking downtown Chicago! Can't wait to check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment