why is it that long weekends always seem so short?
I'm in the midst of another round of busy-ness where time is this precious, fleeting thing I'm always chasing. The weekend was truly an honoring of Labor day though in that I took the whole thing off. It was great. Visited family and friends ~ got to see the special people we see much too infrequently most of the time. And, had another camping adventure; this time alone in the woods in my husband's hometown back behind his parents' house. So quiet and peaceful and pretty. Apparently that kind of weekend was just what I needed. Last week I was stressed out and unable to sleep and thus in this crazy haze of "must get this done!!" Now, I feel refreshed, re-energized, and am having much more success at being productive. Still crazy busy; it's hard to squeeze in even this short little update ~ but here it is, in keeping with my writing goals.
Around me summer is slipping away (nooo!!! Chicago summers are always too short) ~ I needed to wear a jacket to work today! I don't know if I'm ready for fall, but it's here (or fast approaching), anyway. Time goes so fast, that I will have to make myself appreciate the very last bits of summer. And make sure to continue to carve out recharging time despite the long to-do lists :)
08 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoyed seeing you and Steve in Ohio. Glad you had a good weekend. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete