30 April 2010

world peace, and wasabi peas.

I am trying very hard to put my energies into something good.

I mentioned before that I am lacking energy for things like blogging. This hasn't changed, yet. Also, cleaning. And cooking. I guess it's a matter of prioritizing.

It seems a lot of people in my life have been having some rough times. It is hard to hear these things and know what to say or what to do. I think that all we can do is continue putting our energies into something good. And try to remember the things that make us lucky in life - because there are always some things, even during runs of bad luck.

So I may have a quieter blog for awhile. And I may have some dusty furniture at home. But I will keep going. It can be hard, in the midst of the bad stuff, to muster up the energy for doing something worthwhile. Also, it is hard when you do find the energy and try really hard to change some things, and don't see any results, because the thing you wish to change is a big thing and it takes a lot of time, and effort, and work, and luck. It can feel pointless. But - that's the thing about putting energy into something good - it's not pointless, even if it might seem that way for awhile.

I'm talking in abstractions. Sorry. It's just a lot of stuff, really - and writing abstractions takes less energy than giving the details. And I'm all about the conservation of energy these days.

In a completely unrelated and random note, I think I've become addicted to wasabi peas from Trader Joes. What is it about that burn in your sinus cavity that is so enjoyable? I don't understand. But, it's better than over eating chocolate, I guess. :)

2 comments:

  1. hi! things come in seasons. i will look forward to more writing when it is time.

    in other news, i'm coming back to chicago in may for graduation, and trying to stay. let's meet up! we can be lazy together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm talking in abstractions. Sorry. It's just a lot of stuff, really - and writing abstractions takes less energy than giving the details."


    Tell the details. WE WANT DETAILS! GIVE US DETAILS!!

    ReplyDelete