22 April 2010

update, fast and green

I know I've not been around much of late ~ there is just so much going on right now. I should make more time to write some of it down as it happens, but, well, I've just been lacking energy to do so in the midst of the goings-on.

So there is much to update, but for now, I'll just have to make do with a passing hello, and a happy earth day wish. Was a co-founder of my high school environmental club, and Earth Day was a big day for us tree-huggers. Will have to take time for a little green love today, even if it's just watering our herb garden we recently replanted in honor of spring.


 Also does not hurt to do a little assessment of my everyday living in terms of the earth.  So here goes ~

Green friendly things that we do:  live in a small condo in a shared building (less loss of energy for heating/cooling); take public transportation to work; otherwise own just 1 car (little toyota Echo) between the 2 of us and drive it infrequently enough that we fill the tank less than once a month; bring our own reusable bags to buy groceries; make efforts not to keep lights on at home  (though this one is hard for me, as I like a lot of light. Especially when I am home alone).

Things to work on: been wanting to get into some more natural cleaners instead of the harsh chemicals. I have a weakness for long hot showers, which would be good to cut back on. Efforts to cook more things from scratch would help not only for health but in creating less packaging waste. Get my husband to switch to a job where he doesn't fly across the country every week ;) (ok, maybe I have some ulterior motives for the last one..) I know there are more things to do ~ other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from the SITS Tea Party! I too have a weakness for long hot showers! I think that is one thing I might not give up! I've been working on doing more cooking in general and slowly working in the cooking from scratch. It's hard to do with 2 teenagers and a hubs to chase after!

    ReplyDelete