09 August 2011

so far so good

It is possible that I sometimes worry too much. Haha... I think that sentence is a teensy bit of an understatement.

After that last post about how hard it is to be lacking structure, I seem to be finding ways to enjoy this extra time. I've been successful at getting more workouts in: I exercised 3 times in the past 4 days which is a definite improvement. Tonight was another amazing dance class. I have been enjoying it so much - I have loved dancing since I was a small child and it is so nice to get back to an activity that makes me really happy. I am sad there's only one week left! After class I joined Faith and Kath for some lounging on the rooftop pool. Pretty good way to spend an hour on a nice August evening. And then I got home, and the evening got even better. I found Steve had cleaned the house and made dinner while I was out. Hard to beat that, right? It is so great having him home, and not just for the cleaning and cooking :)

Summer doesn't last forever, and neither does his vacation time, so I will make the best of these days. And with that said, it's time to get off the computer!

2 comments:

  1. I totally thrive on structure too!

    Without a set plan for the day or week I'm often lost!

    I've been trying to teach myself to just enjoy whatever free time I have and not get so caught up in the lack of routine!

    Glad you enjoyed your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, free time should be seen as a good thing, definitely!! Funny how it can be hard to get the hang of actually enjoying the freedom.

    ReplyDelete