01 August 2011

more adventures on the phone and in the kitchen

 At the beginning of July I finally got a smart phone. It's more of a fun item than a necessity for me, since I spend my life in front of the computer (or so it seems) and didn't entirely feel the need to have constant access to the internet. But it's definitely nice to be able to look things up if I need them when I'm on the go. Plus, technology is cool.... I feel more legit as an engineer now that I have an up-to date phone as opposed to my previous 4 year old one :)

Then in the middle of July, I got invited for a Google+ account. And since my phone is Android based, I got the Google+ ap. I haven't used it much, but the feature for instant photo upload is kind of cool. I discovered yesterday in my pizza blog post that I could access my pictures right from blogger, which saves some time in the whole photo uploading process. The phone photo quality is far from ideal but it's not too shabby for being on a phone. And the fact that it saves some steps for blog posts works for me! I mean here I am posting two days in a row ;) Here are a few more pics from our weekend cooking adventures.


After making the dough for the pizza crust, Steve was flipping through an "Art of Bread Making" book that I picked up for ~$2 at a library book sale a few months ago. He was somehow inspired to attempt making naan, the yummy Indian bread. He made the dough right after the pizza crust and placed it in the fridge over night. Then yesterday he cooked it on the stove top for lunch, while I attempted an Indian daal recipe that I found here. We didn't have all of the spices, so I increased the tumeric and added some curry powder. 





It still turned out really good! I love Indian food - some of my closest friends growing up were Indian, so I got hooked on the spicy cuisine from hanging out at their houses frequently. As a teen, I was so impressed by the fresh cooked naan from the stove top. Turns out it's not that hard to make. I may have to invest in some of the more exotic spices - homemade Indian is so much better than the restaurant version. 




Our garden tomatoes made another appearance :)

To be honest when I am on my own I usually find cooking to be a chore. But with Steve, it's an adventure! I am glad that he surprised me with his naan attempt, since otherwise I don't know if I would have tried out this recipe. We ended up with a very tasty Sunday lunch, and much appreciated leftovers for an easy delicious dinner tonight after a long Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment