hello, March. it's the time of year where you feel the world on the brink of change. temperatures start creeping up, extra minutes of daylight become noticeable, snow melts revealing brown patches of grass, prompting visions of new green growth that awaits in spring. I am very ready for change, which is a good thing right now -
I got a new job. In Virginia. I start in just a few weeks.
So clearly, my life has been absolute craziness for the past month! Accepting the job prompted a flurry of plans and questions and research and basically non-stop activity. I've been wanting to write but it's so hard to squeeze anything extra in right now. Life has included: notifying current employers, trying to tie up loose ends at work, researching moving companies, figuring out how to go about listing our condo for rent, sorting through tons of clothes/books/other items accumulated over 4 years, trips to give things away or sell on craigslist, looking up apartments, collecting boxes at work, packing, making plans to see as many Chicago friends as possible, using up gift certificates for Chicago restaurants/services...
Yep. busy times. and in between I have been getting really excited at the prospect of this new adventure. occasionally freaking out at the thought of leaving the city that's been my home for 7 years, and the condo where Steve and I started our married life together, and the amazing friends I've been lucky to make here - all for what is something of a big question mark. Going from city life to small town life will be a big transition.
But I feel really good about the whole thing. It's a better job, closer to family and a number of friends on the east coast, and a quieter life with lots of outdoorsy options sounds pretty good right now. Definitely an adventure! I have lots more to say so hopefully I'll find more time over the next weeks for more updates. I think I am definitely going to enjoy all the changes this spring - can't wait to embark on this new life direction.
02 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are soooo excited for you and Steve!!!! Life is full of adventures and it is best to take advantage of opportutunities that occur even if you are not sure of the outcome. Trust in God and things will work wonderfully. Love and God Bless, Mom
ReplyDelete