I am standing on the edge of very big decisions. I know that I am supposed to write down my goals before January ends. But the big questions that loom in my head imply change is coming, making it hard to define concrete goals.
I do know that I want to be bold this year. It is a big year: I will turn 30. Just writing that is hard! I feel that I need to be living a bigger life, somehow, by age 30, if that makes any sense. I want to embrace adventure in my life. I don't want to let complacency be enough. I want to move forward. These are not 'measureable goals' but I seem to be thinking in these general terms that resist quantification. Maybe this will make it hard to asses progress at the year end. Maybe I can list a few more specific things I hope to do. I'd like to finish those incomplete items from last year, of course. I should be active - run, bike, get myself to go to those ballet classes I signed up for. I should be healthy - eat more protein, more vegetables, take vitamins. Cut back on carbs, except maybe for bread that I bake myself, from scratch, as I hope to continue doing now that I've become hooked on the fresh-baked goodness. I should create - cook more meals, write words to share, change up the blog design, edit photos to print. I should contribute- keep on volunteering and donating. I should hang art on the walls. I should plan out meals and grocery lists ahead of time. I should have that party.
I will strive for these things. I know that life may get in the way and I may not get to them all. But progress can be about more than checking off items on a list. I am not sure how my life will progress this year, but I am certain that it will move forward in one direction or another. I am excited to see where I end up, come 2012.
31 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment