I am tired. Getting up at 4 am to fly across the country and then work all day does that. My brain is a big scramble. Worry worry worry worry. So boring really. I do not want to worry. I want to fix things. I want to think hard and solve problems. I want to calculate. That is what brains are for. Brainpower is a beautiful thing, after all. The New York Times even put a slideshow together to illustrate how pretty brains can be.
I do not want to waste my brain power in a silly pointless cycle of worry. I need to focus my thoughts towards progress. A bit of spinning is inevitable, but too much just digs a big rut, leading to getting stuck. Enough, I say. So I will tell myself: This is just another momentary hardship. That is all.
The thing is, brains are like muscles. Working my brain harder will make it stronger. Having some challenges is a good thing, otherwise, how would I ever grow? For now, I will get some rest. And tomorrow will be a productive day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's so true that working your brain makes it stronger (although, like working out, it's not always fun while you're doing it!) i hope that whatever is making your brain hurt gets figured out & resolved in the near future :)
ReplyDeletethanks Meg!
ReplyDelete