05 October 2010

when you marry an engineer

When you marry an engineer, who goes into a consulting job that offers so many vacation days that he can’t seem to use them all over the year, and therefore he takes off random weeks in August** so as not to lose those days, this is how your back deck looks:


You see, the engineer-turned-consultant husband is not content to sit around on his random week off of work twiddling his thumbs. No, this industrious man needs to be *doing*. And the engineer who now works solely in IT tends to find himself with a need to build. Which means that now is the time to take some measurements, draw a few designs, buy some wood. And of course, break out the power tools.


The result: a cute little end table that matches our console and coffee tables, built to custom-specifications to fit the space between the wall and our couch. Ingenious.

perfect fit 


with console + coffee tables ~ custom set!

What can I say... I  my engineer :)


** yes, these pictures - and the post - are from August. somehow I did not actually get around to clicking "publish post" until now. and while our living room looks much the same (I'm rather pleased with it currently!), our back deck is a bit sadder now, since we had to take our plants inside due to the cold temperatures that have arrived... alas. ah well, that means it is time to further cozy things up inside!

1 comment: