Well, I guess this is it – finally taking the plunge and starting a blog for myself. This is something I’ve thought about doing for a long time – I became interested in blogs when I was planning my wedding and stumbled across a bunch of fun wedding blogs. Since then, a lot of the bloggers I read have gotten married (as have I) and continued writing about more varied lifestyle topics. I’ve found myself wanting to put my voice out into the mix, mostly just to cultivate my more creative side. I have been interested in writing since I was quite young – I think I started my first diary when I was 7 or so. There is a lot of writing in my life for work, but writing scientific manuscripts and grants does not involve a whole lot of personality usually.
In any case, I would like to write some more, and this is a place to do it. I will likely write on assorted topics that pop up in my life, making it a spot for anyone who is interested in what I’m up to (hi mom?) as well. My biggest obstacle in actually starting a blog has been a fear that I have nothing interesting to say – but I guess if I really want to write, I have to get past that, and just put my thoughts out there. Hopefully they will serve at least a bit of entertainment value to a person or two :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment